2013-08-21

Wacholder

Yes, Wacholder is following me where ever i am going... I have learned this word from the dictionary, so at the beginning it was something completely abstract to me. And i have learnt first the english word
"Juniper" from the "Juniper Tree" with the drawings of Maurice Sendak. This is unusual, normally it is the opposite case.
Since then I know the word "Wacholder" but i didn t see it life till recently... If you walk into a forest this plant really takes your attention, because it has some beautiful dark red fruits. I didn t know that this plant was so sacred for german tribes in the old times... I open a book for spices, then i see again Wacholder. I didn t consider it as a spice. But obviously one can use it as a spice. Never tried it.
I open a book about herbs, then i see it as a medicine... So i was really amazed about this plant. Now i like it.

Hiç yorum yok: